The Santa Barbara Bowl strives to provide a spectacular experience to all our guests. Please adhere to the rules below so everyone can enjoy concerts together in a safe, fun environment.
Seating, Standing & Dancing
Please be considerate and neighborly to other guests and refrain from conduct that is offensive or physically dangerous.
- Remain in assigned seat or open public areas.
- Please do not enter restricted areas.
- Avoid standing or loitering in aisles and stairways as fire code regulations require they be clear at all times.
- Be considerate of guests who want to watch the show by not obstructing others' view.
- Dance in designated areas, such as the floor area when permitted.
Food & Beverage
Only factory-sealed, plastic water bottles smaller than 1.5 liters are allowed. All other outside food and beverage items are prohibited, including:
- Glass bottles
- Ice chests
- Picnic/food baskets
To purchase or possess alcoholic beverages, you must
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Present a valid driver’s license or approved identification card to appropriate Bowl staff.
- Wear the alcohol wristband at all times.
Smoking is only permitted away from food and drink lines in the Lower Plaza area. No exceptions. Guests who desire a completely smoke-free environment can enjoy The Scranton Overlook at the top of the house.
Photo & Video
Permission to record is left to artist discretion. Please check the Bowl's home page on the day of the concert for details on what the artist has approved. Unless noted, no recording is allowed. This includes:
- Video Recording
- Audio Recording
Appropriate Dress & Restricted Items
Please dress appropriately and refrain from bringing potentially dangerous or illegal items to the show. To keep all guests safe, the following is prohibited:
- Bare feet
- Wallet chains
- Spiked clothing or jewelry
- Gang emblems or insignias
- Weapons or weapon-like devices of any kind
- Pepper spray
- Fireworks or sparklers
- Controlled substances
- Laser Pointers
- Glow sticks
- Backpacks or Large Bags
- Sleeping Bags
- Seat Cushions with Exposed Metal
- Banners or Signs
- Unapproved promotional material or merchandise
- Selfie Sticks
Lost & Found
The Bowl is not responsible for any articles lost or left behind. Any item turned in to the Box Office will be kept for 30 days.